Prof. Menapace's Governance in International Agribusiness Group
The Governance in International Agribusiness group conducts research on the economics of agro-food value chains. That means we investigate how farmers, producer groups, food processors, food distributors, consumers, policymakers and society operate, interact and influence each other to determine what people ultimately eat.
Our ongoing projects focus on food labels (origin-based labels, animal welfare labels); food quality standards; formal and informal contractual relationships; unfair business practices; smallholder farmers’ financial inclusion; smallholder farmers’ participation in high-value agro-food markets.
We conduct theoretical, and qualitative and quantitative empirical research. Theoretical modelling (microeconomic, international trade and game theory) helps us understand the drivers of decision-making. Behavioural experiments, observational studies, surveys and expert interviews help us test those theoretical models to gain a practical understanding of their managerial and policy-making relevance.
Do you want to work with us?
open eScout student assistant position for Winter Semester 2020/2021
For the winter semester 2020/2021 we are currently looking for a student assistant to assist the group as an eScout for online teaching.
More information about the eScout-academy can be found here:
Start in September, workload and details to be discussed. If you are interested, please contact Prof. Luisa Menapace / luisa.menpace(at)tum.de
- Exceptionally motivated candidates with a proven interest in aspects related to the governance, efficiency, welfare distribution, and sustainability of agro-food value chains are invited to send an application directly to Prof. Menapace.
- Currently, we have no funded open positions.
- Post-docs are invited to consider TUM University Foundation Fellowship.
Do you want to write a bachelor/master thesis or research project with us?
- Do you have an idea related to our research area? Please, email us your ideas and attach your CV and grade transcripts.
- Current projects are listed below: